WHAT SHOULD MY SHIPMENT LOOK LIKE UPON DELIVERY?
The crate, cabinet box(es) and any accessory boxes will be stretch wrapped in black film, then strapped down to the pallet. If the black film, straps, or pallet are cut, ripped or missing, please note this on the delivery paperwork.
Please adhere to the following instructions upon receiving your Waterbox shipment:
- CHECK FOR DAMAGES: This item will ship via freight. Once the freight carrier arrives, you MUST inspect and note all damage to the shipment (including the pallet, crate, boxes and items) on the delivery paperwork prior to the driver leaving your home/business. Do not sign for the shipment until you have thoroughly inspected for damages. Without proper notation that the shipment arrived damaged, the freight carrier will not take responsibility for the damages caused to your shipment. This could result in denial of your Damage Claim and leave you liable for replacement costs.
- REFUSAL OF DELIVERY: We advise to accept all deliveries. Even if there is visible damage to the pallet, crate or boxes – accept the delivery and note all damages on the delivery paperwork. Once you have fully inspected the items and assessed actual damages, please submit a Claim Form. This is the fastest and most way for us to address shipping damages and get replacement parts sent out to you. Refusal of delivery will result in you being charged for the cost of the shipment being returned to us.
- REDELIVERY & DELAYS: Waterbox Aquariums is not the freight carrier. We contract directly with two primary carriers to ship our products – Mainfreight and UPS. Waterbox Aquariums is not responsible for delays in transit, delivery or missed appointments. If you miss your appointment and the freight carrier must redeliver your shipment, you will be charged a redelivery fee.
- Carefully open the crate lid. Be very cautious not to scratch the display glass with the nails in the lid.
- Fully inspect all panels of the glass and sump for cracks, chips, scratches or other damage.
- Unbox the cabinet and hardware to ensure all panels and parts are included and in good condition.
- After a full inspection, you can now begin assembly.
NOTE: When lifting and moving your aquarium, remove all jewelry or metal that could scratch the glass. Please ensure that you have sufficient help available to move your aquarium once it arrives.
CLAIM DAMAGES: All damages and defects must be reported to our Claims Department within 24 hours of receiving your shipment or your claim will be denied. To submit a claim, please visit https://waterboxaquariums.eu/pages/claim. Waterbox will NOT honor damage or defective claims once the product has been assembled and the aquarium has been taken off the original shipping pallet base.